BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN
Name: Shanmukha Kolla
Course no: ISOL632
Date of Submission: 01/20/2018
Assignment: Case Study #1
A documented approach for an organization to deal with the emergency and to protect the confidential data of the organization and clients is called Business Continuity Plan(BCP). This document provides the measures for the organization to return to the business in case of any disaster. A business continuity plan to continue business is essential. Development of a business continuity plan includes four steps
· Conduct a business impact analysis to identify time-sensitive or critical business functions and processes and the resources that support them.
· Identify, document, and implement to recover critical business functions and processes.
· Organize a business continuity team and compile a business continuity plan to manage a business disruption.
· Conduct training for the business continuity team and testing and exercises to evaluate recovery strategies and the plan.
Business Impact Analysis: Business impact analysis identifies the effects resulting from disruption of business functions and processes. It also uses information to make decisions about recovery priorities and strategies.
Recovery Strategies: If a business is disrupted the financial losses can begin to grow. At this point of time recovery strategies are alternate means to restore business operations to a minimum acceptable level. Recovery strategies require resources including people, facilities, equipment, and materials. An analysis of the resources required to execute recovery strategies.
According to piXlogic Inc requirements the top priority things in case of a disaster.
· Backup Security check: A Security team will check all the available backup data in case of disaster or data exploitation
o Resources: Security team
· Restore: A group of people will start the restore to the previous version that is safe and secure.
o Resources: Backups
· Find the Cause: A team of people will work on the cause that disrupted the business.
o Resources: Security team
Identifying Potential Risks: Below are the potential threats and Risks that will cause disruption in business.
· Security Risks
· Natural Disasters
· Hardware Failure
· Man-made Mistakes
Information and Responsibilities of Key Persons:
The Persons listed below were responsible to carry out respective responsibilities in the time of disaster to continue business operations and services without interruption.
Phill Parker: he will be checking for the loss of data and inspect the backups for the attack
Joseph Santucci: He will be restoring the system from the available backup which will work perfectly under the circumstance to carry put the minimum operations without causing any problems
The above employees are responsible for running the respective operations without any disruption until the company fully returns to business.
Alternate Relocation Plan:
In case of emergency employees and all the services that were operating in the piXlogic Inc, will temporarily moved to an alternate location to resume its services without interruption until the primary site has been secured to its potential.
Alternate Site Requirements:
The Alternate site should be easily accessible by the employees, customers, and the location should be risk free.
Monthly budget for the alternate site:
Below is the estimated monthly budget for the alternate site operations
Monthly Budget (in USD)
Computers and Hardware equipment
Estimated Total Budget per month (USD)